Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Wow, I am finding it harder and harder to motivate myself to actually get on here and post every so often.

I am just busy, ya know?

Between working 40-60 hours a weekand working on getting our new house (which we signed the lease on today) I havent had much time to do anything really; let alone get on here and blog.

I do miss it though.

It's funny to me because during college I never really felt that I was a pretty decent writer. It wasnt until recently that I figured out that its ok that I am not the greatest writer when it comes to the mechanics of writing. True, it does hold me back somewhat, but on the whole I feel I get my point across very well.

I used to write for a local newspaper as well as my high school newspaper, so anything I write has a "flowery" journalistic quality to it. I feel the need to act as if I am actually sitting down with someone and tell them a story about whatever it is I am writing about.

My two buddies (Roupes and Smenis) decided that we should write a book about college. I know, I know, you are all thinking "hasnt that been done before?"

Yes, and no.

Our book is going to be a little bit different. We are actually in the process of compiling some of the ridiculous stories we have about everything that happened to us while in college. Love, sex, alcohol, drugs, parties, greek life, the school, classes, tests, alcohol...etc.

Roupes came up with the best name so far: "The Liar's Club"

I like it.


I got really inspired to start writing a lot a week ago when I went and saw Kevin Smith speak at The College of New Jersey. He really appealed to me because here was a man from New Jersey who didnt care about what other people thought. He just wanted to write because he enjoyed writing. He wrote Clerks, directed it, and filmed it for less than 28 grand and look at him now. His movies defined a generation in a sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home