Saturday, March 04, 2006

Take me back...


You know, in life there are so many things that allow you to close your eyes and be taken back to a time when you were younger that you probably wouldnt always be able to recall. Whether it is the smell of your grand mom's cookies, the feeling of the sand under your feet, the sound of a song...any of these things can take someone back to a time that has since been lost in our mind's cluttered cabinents.

There is one particular song that is very sentimental to me. "Angel From Montgomery" by John Prine (done by Bonnie Rait) takes me back to the days when I was a young boy and it was just me and my mom. Cause thats all it was for me growing up. I guess my mom was the only real constant for me in my life as I was growing up. I have had lots of people and things come and go in my life, but my mom has always been a permanent figure.

When I hear Bonnie Rait sing this song I can honestly close my eyes and be transported to sitting in the front seat of my mom's car when I was 5 or 6, so she couldnt have been much older than 28. It's nice. And moving.

1 Comments:

Blogger TouchofInnocense said...

and this is why i love music. you just hear certain songs and they transport you to another time and place... it's a great feeling when it's to a younger year- so innocent, the entire world in front of you, the ability to do anything- you think you can conquer the world. then the song ends and you don't want it to...but you transported back to the present-time and you start to think about how far you've come since that younger time- you know, what you've done, the path you've chosen, the people you've met, the decisions you've made, etc. The songs are good, too, because even when you can't remember things- example, i have a horrible memory; but when you hear certain songs there comes the memory out the blue. It's a great feeling. truly. Good point and good entry :0)

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home