Tuesday, November 15, 2005

When Things Are Left Unsaid...


For some reason people sometimes think that just letting something go is the best way to handle situations. Though this may be true in some cases, I feel that telling people exactly what you think and feel about that specific moment is the only way to really deal with it and move on. Maybe it's just me, but I know for a fact that I would rather have someone tell me off and start a possible argument for the sake of dealing with it than not say anything at all. A lot of people think that I am a pretty confrontational person, and to a certain degree they are correct in their assumptions. However, I am a firm believed in brutal honesty...sometimes the truth hurts, but you know what? At least you can always expect an honest answer from me whether you want one or not. Why do I do this? It's simple really. I make it a point to be honest with everyone about everything because then my friends know exactly where I stand on the matter. I don't believe that any of my friends could ever look at a situation and think to themselves "I dont know how Lucky would feel about this." Fuck that, I dont want that to ever happen. I want my friends and relatives to look at a situation and know exactly how I would feel about it.

Do I jeopardize being nice sometimes? Of course, but I don't think that I am a huge asshole or a mean person, I just favor being blunt and to the point. When you are too nice you get walked all over. Why? Because people see you as a target for being a pushover. I cannot tell you how many friends I have who are just too nice sometimes and then they get shit on by the people who they are too nice towards, which causes them to get pissed about it later after the "shitting" has been done. Being shat on can be avoided just by simply saying to yourself "I deserve better than that and they need to respect me for being a nice person by NOT taking advantage of my kindness." When you can do that you will feel much better about yourself and your situation. I guarantee that you won't be shit on anymore.

Do I say things that are sometimes inappropriate? Yes, of course I do. I don't exactly mean to offend someone, but dammit if it comes down to my integrity and self-worth vs. someone's comfort level...I think you know which I value more. If I am telling the truth about something and someone around me gets offended, that isnt exactly my problem. 9 times out of 10 it is their problem for not being able to handle or deal with the truth of the matter.

To all of you out there who might get a chance to read this, do me a favor. Stop letting people walk all over you because you want to save face and be viewed upon as a nice guy. It is possible to be viewed as a nice guy and not be walked all over. Stop giving into people's guilt trips so easily because they made you feel bad for them. Pity never helps anyone with anything. And stop putting other's feelings and comfort above your own, because YOU deserve to feel good about the situation and YOU deserve to be comfortable too. There are such things as happy mediums, but coming to a happy medium sometimes just delays the inevitable: you are still allowing others to push you around and walk all over you.

Just be yourself, be assertive, and don't take shit from someone because you dont want to offend or hurt them. In this day and age you should always be numero-uno and everyone else is secondary. Why? Because you are the only one who knows what is best for you and you are the only one who you can depend on 100% of the time.




Some cool new albums to scope out...

System of A Down - Hypnotize
Thrice - Vheissu
Danger Doom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home